Q: Nothing happens when press the vacuum button?
1.Make sure the power cord is correctly plugged into the electrical outlet.
2. Check the power cord for any kind of damage.
3. Test the electrical outlet by plugging in another appliance. If it is not operative, please check the circuit breakers or fuses in your home
4. Call the appointed service agency after doing the above steps.
Q: Air is not removed from the bags completely?
1.Make sure the open end of the bag is resting entirely inside vacuum channel area.
2. Make sure the bag does not cover the air portal；
3. Check that the lid is completely latched into place. Release the cover locks and press to lock the lids again.
4. Make sure the sealing strip and gasket below the lids is cleaning enough,
5. Check that the sealing surface and upper and lower gasket are properly installed.
6. Make sure that the other three sides of the bag are completely sealed and has no holes. For better checking, you can seal the bag with air in it and put it completely into water. Press the bag. If there are bubbles present there is a leak, and a new bag should be used.
Q: Air will return to the bag after sealing.
1.Check the bag was sealed well. Make sure the bag was lying flat, there may be a wrinkle, oil, liquids or other impurity that allows air to re-enter the bag. Carefully cut the bag open and re-seal it
2. Make sure there is no moisture or liquids on the packed food. If yes, you may need to cut open the bag and re-seal it, or use an entirely new bag. When packing succulent foods, freeze it first for better vacuum packing.
3. Check the bag has no hole; make sure there were no food items with sharp edges, they will puncture the bag. To seal those foods with sharp points and edges, you may need to pad the edges with paper towels to keep them from puncturing the bag.
4. Make sure there are no liquids spread to the mouth of the bag or drawn to the sealing strip.
Q: The bag is not sealed properly?
1.The sealing strip may have been too hot for continuous use, open the lids to cool the sealing strip.
2. There may be a wrinkle, oil, liquids or other impurity in the sealing place. Please clean it or change a new one.
3.Before re-pressing the “seal only”button, allow the unit to resume for 15 seconds.(This is only for our model VS2010, VS2110series, VS5180&VS2500)
4.1 minute intervals for one cycle to enable the unit have enough time to cool, which will help to be safer and better sealing.
Q: Air can not be removed from canister.
1.Make sure the adaptor was well connected both to the machine and the canister
2.Check if the knob of the canister was on the position of “seal”
3. Press the lids at the very beginning of vacuuming.
4. Check if there is significant damages or smashes, if yes, change it for a new one
5. Check the function of the vacuum sealer,
6. Make sure the rim of the canister is clean enough
If all the above situations are excluded, please contact with the appointed service agency.
Q: The lids can not be opened after vacuum package
A: Check if the knob of the canister was on the position of “open”,and if the sealing ring is properly installed
Q: Air will Re-entered into the canister soon after vacuuming packed
A: Check if the canister and lids is well connected, control knob looseness or missing sealing ring.
Q: Seal only is OK, but it can not seal when Vacuum seal
1.Check if the gasket is properly installed and good shaped, change it if not
2. Check if the bags is good or properly placed (the open should not cover the air portal)
3. Make sure if there is a significant air leak in the canister port, Press the port with your finger and press Vacuum seal Button, if you can feel significant suction and the bags can be automatically sealed after finished vacuuming. In this case, please contact with the appointed service agency.
Q: Can the vacuum bags be cleaned by dishwasher?
A:Yes.Bigland vacuum bags and bag rolls are FDA, PAHS, REACH&LFGB Approved; comply with European food safety requirements , with Microwaving test , boiling water safe and dishwasher safe test report.
Q: Can I microwave my Bigland Vacuum Packaging Bags?
A: Easily reheat by placing the bag directly in boiling water or microwave. To microwave, cut corner of bag to vent and place on microwave safe dish.
Q: Are Bigland canister safe for food use?
A: Yes. Bigland canister is complying with European food safety requirements, FDA & LFGB certificate, and safe enough to contact food.
Q: Can the vacuum bags and canister be recycled?
A: Yes, and the recycle No. is 7.
Q: Can Bigland Bags be washed?
A: Yes, but it depends on the previous contents of the bag.
1. Bags that previously contained fruits, vegetables, breads and dry goods can be washed and reused.
2. Bags that contained raw meats, fish, eggs or un-pasteurized cheese should be discarded after use because they may contain invisible bacteria that will remain after washing.
3. Bags that contained greasy or oily foods should also be discarded, as they may be difficult to clean.
4. Bigland Bags can be washed by hand, or in the top rack of the dishwasher. Use a wooden clothespin or a clip to hold the bags in place. Dry completely. They can then be re-vacuumed.
Q: Why the meat turn yellow after vacuum packed, does it safe to eat?
A: The raw meat will turn burgundy due to lack of oxygen, but it is definitely safe to eat.
Q: Any tips for packaging items of large volumes?
1.Before vacuum sealing, it’s necessary to clean your hands and all utensils and surface to be used for cutting vacuum sealing foods.
2. Refrigerate or freeze the perishable foods immediately, if you have vacuum-sealed them, and do not leave them sitting at room temperature
3. The shelf life of dry foods such as nuts, coconut or cereals will be extended in vacuum-sealed package, while store them in a cook, dark place. Oxygen and warm temperature will cause high-fat content foods fat to rancidity.
4. before vacuum sealing some fruit and vegetables, such as apples, bananas, potatoes and root vegetables, peel them will extend their shelf lives.
5. When vacuum seal some vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage fresh for refrigeration, they will emit gases, so it's need to blanch and freeze these foods before vacuum sealing.
Q: How do I make a Bag from a Roll?
1.Cut the desired amount of roll material.
2. Insert open end of bag into Vacuum Channel but beneath the air portal
3. Press Seal Button. The red seal light will illuminate.
4. When red seal light turns off, sealing is complete.
Q: Can Bigland Bags be put in the freezer?
A: Yes. The bags are ideal for the freezer because they will keep all air and moisture out, preventing food from getting freezer burn and becoming dry and tasteless.